sábado, 1 de diciembre de 2007

CHILEAN EDUCATION AND MY ROL AS A TEACHER IN THIS COUNTRY

CHILEAN EDUCATION AND MY ROL AS A TEACHER IN THIS COUNTRY


In my personal experience, education for me is the base of all succesful life and in many cases the responsible of a good lifestyle in the society.

Also in my case I have to make a clear difference between this society and its needs and my own experience as a student and the things that I needed but nowadays are not necessary for this society.

With this in my mind, I think about chilean education and I what I see is a clear lack of authirity and respect to the teacher and maybe it is first because teachers just teach what they have in the ministerial plans and about people which doesn`t exist for sure or in real, they are just part of a dialogue in a book and most of the times values are not important for them in their classes on the other hand, values changes in the student are clearly perceived in this society and the suppprt from parents to encourage students is not so strong neither. Students don`t want to do something else apart what teachers do for transmit them knowledge and instead of that thay are envolved in an environment which is so technological and with many machines around them in stead of people that could giving them advices or taking care about what they do after school.

I remember when I wanted to study for beeing a teacher, it was because I knew english and I thought it was the most logical thing to study for that, also because when I was a young lady I was very authoritarian and I decided to follow my instinc.Then the real problem was to get into university because I was a foreingner and I thought it could be more difficult to get into a university, I was right, thanks god after some nots, I heard a YES from a university which till now has been a real support with a lot of insistence and complaints, but a support after all.

Nowadays I consider education an important base for all the process that life itself implies and the only thing I know is that I am totally envolved of this responsibility and for those kids I`ll continue improving my knowledges and my materials for teaching not only english, but also values, and I hope I could help a little bit to dissapear all this crisis in chilean education.

“With respect to the role of future teachers in the crisis, I think that there is no practical way out for us not to be unjustly blamed for it. Historically, teachers have always served as scapegoats for the mistakes and faults committed by political authorities and businessmen hidden behind them. Nevertheless, the teaching profession should always feel obliged mainly with students and their families even when the government and school managers tried mischievously to break this commitment. I hope I will get through despite all the difficulties to come in the near future.”


No hay comentarios: